Sunday 24 March 2013

Bold Move

As I've said before, subtlety is key when creating a put-together together outfit, however that isn't true in all cases...more and more, this spring's new collections are showing us bright, out-there and bold trends that we automatically love (I'm assuming I'm not speaking for myself only?) and automatically have to try. Today I'm showing you the latest trend I'm taking on since browsing whowhatwear.com and seeing this article:

http://www.whowhatwear.com/bold-stripes

As you can see, many fashionable and beautiful women have embraced this trend, and some have even managed to pull off horizontal stripes (jealous), which we know is not the most flattering pattern to wear...unless you're a Marc Jacobs runway model of course. But this look is obviously not only for the rich and famous, but is something that can easily be pulled off at school or on a night out depending how you accessorize. 
Navy blue and white striped silk blouse, 50 euro at Only


This was my trend purchase, and is probably one of the easiest trends to shop for; striped work shirts and blouses are everywhere, just find the boldest one! If I wanted to accesorize this so it could become a versatile piece, I would pair it with a red or burgundy scarf for day-wear to give you a nautical look, and for night time I would pair this semi see-through top with a chunky turquoise necklace and a black bra (it sounds slutty, but if done right it can look extremely elegant, I promise)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment