Friday 15 March 2013

Emerald


I love that time at the beginning of every season when the Colour of the Year is revealed, and I couldn't be more excited for this spring's newest hue; emerald.

http://www.whowhatwear.com/seeing-green-with-sephora-pantones-2013-color-of-the-year

This colour has been in before, so forgive me for recycling a picture (I know #tbt was yesterday) but opting for an emerald dress like I have below will instantly make you stand out in a crowd of LBDs at your prom or any formal event, and not only that but emerald green (like turquoise) is one of those colours that tends to look good on any skin tone. 
Gold Chanel purse (not pictured, $1,680), Emerald dress (bought at the boutique 'Mystique' in Barbadoes, $210)
This dress was the perfect match for my skin tone and hair colour at the time, and lucky for me, with emerald, you can only accessorize with gold pieces, which I adore. It may seem a little risky to go with an unorthodox dress colour like green, however wouldn't you rather make a trendy statement than blend into the pool of girls in simple black dresses?
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment