Wednesday 27 February 2013

Look of the Week: Jessica Hart

I've decided to initiate a new tradition for my blog by picking on look of the week and emulating it with articles from my own wardrobe. Here is the winning look this week, and it comes as no surprise that it was worn by the gorgeous Jessica Hart;

http://www.whowhatwear.com/what-was-she-wearing-jessica-hart
To see details of exactly who she was wearing and where, click on the link to whowhatwear.com in the caption. Anyways, I really couldn't care less about the brands, just look at how amazing this ensemble is! The metallic pleated skirt to the knee is so classic and classy, and by cleverly adding the t-strap heels to elongate her already mile-long legs, the look is instantly sexy. The simple puffy-sleeved top allows the skirt to take center stage as the statement piece, and with minimal makeup and the hair off her face in a half-updo, she gets this look right from head to toe. 

Over-sized Zara sweater (30 euro), Naf Naf pleated skirt (45 euro), Primark black
briefcase-style purse (10 euro), Guess strappy heels (130 euro), Ray Bans (110 euro)
Here I've pulled a few basics from my wardrobe paired with a few statement pieces to re-create this look for myself, and to be honest I'm pretty pleased with the results. This is an outfit you can easily wear to school by simply swapping the strappy heels for a pair of smoking slippers to make it more daytime appropriate. However, I would definitely wear this look to go out for lunch, shopping or just to hang out in the city with some friends. It's elegant, sophisticated and not over-styled to the point where you're turning heads for the wrong reasons. This is simply a classic ensemble. 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment