Monday 28 January 2013

Chunky Watches

Though delicate jewelry is much more popular at the moment, chunky rose gold, gold and silver watches are one piece of jewelry that aren't following the current dainty trend. Designer watches such as Michael Kors are very popular right now and I've been seeing them all over my school, usually in gold rather than silver. Below is my watch from ALDO (40 dollars) that my boyfriend bought me over the summer when I first became interested in the big watch trend.


My advice when choosing what color you want your watch is to go for either a yellow gold or rose gold. The reason being is that big, chunky silver watches can often look manly, whereas gold and rose gold are more feminine colours, despite the size of the watch. I went with rose gold because I found that I can wear both my gold and silver bracelets with my watch, meaning I don't have to worry about it clashing with other jewelry.
Rose gold watch paired with silver jewelry
 (wrap bracelet from Massimo Dutti (20 dollars), silver cross
and evil eye bracelet from a boutique in Greece (20 dollars))

If I had to suggest a few brands of watches to buy from, it would be Michael Kors, Fossil and Rolex. Though these brands are more on the expensive side, watches are classic and when you purchase one of these brands you are guaranteed amazing quality that will last for years. I myself am getting a Rolex this year as a graduation present, so convince your parents you really need one too ;)

Here are some of the sites of the brands I mentioned above:
- http://www.michaelkors.com
http://www.rolex.com/en
http://www.fossilglobal.com


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment