Sunday 27 January 2013

Key Piece: The Skull Scarf

The skull trend has been in for a while now, and I'm seeing it more and more in different forms; sweaters, bags and jewelry. I'll have a post up later about that, but for now I want to focus on how you can follow this trend with one simple piece; the classic Alexander McQueen scarf. These scarves are all over my school, in all different materials and colours. If you've never seen one of these scarves, here's the direct link to McQueen's online scarf boutique, where I ordered mine --> http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/scarf-boutique/AC,en_US,sc.html 

The great thing about these scarves is that you aren't only paying for the name brand, you're paying for the quality too. I got my silk scarf for last year's Christmas, and though it is delicate, it has yet to tear or fade. If you don't want a material as delicate as silk, McQueen also offers you pashmina scarves, which are more durable and just as gorgeous.
This scarf goes best with a white or black top,
as it is slightly transparent and blends nicely   

$295

I decided to go with the black and white skull scarf, because it's more versatile and pairs nicely with nearly any outfit. However, I've seen my friends pull off beige, forest green and red coloured scarves beautifully, so there is no doubt that this statement piece will compliment any outfit, giving your look an edginess without being full on gothic. That's one of the great things about Alexander McQueen, is he always manages to find the perfect balance between femininity and edginess without being over the top, and every one of his looks exudes high fashion and class.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment